More flexible and more versatile! Introducing the AW-2G, the definitive clip-type tuner that fits any guitar or similar instrument and guarantees ideal tuning.
- • Clip-on chromatic tuners that attach directly to a guitar or string instrument for cable-free tuning.
- • AW-2G comes with a clip that's optimized for attaching to a guitar headstock.
- • Double ball-joint allows multi-angle positioning with far greater mobility for the display section.
- • Internal backlight ensures excellent visibility even on a dimly lit stage.
- • Energy-saving Auto mode automatically switches to the low-power Soft mode when no sound is present.
- • Select either the internal mic or the piezo sensor for optimum response.
- • Markings indicate pure major third and minor third intervals for beautiful, authentic consonance.
- • Meter Reverse function allows intuitive tuning from any viewing angle
- • Calibration function accommodates a variety of concert pitches.
- • Auto Power Off function maximizes the battery life, even if you forget to turn the tuner off.
- • Memory Backup function.
The AW-1 was the first clip-type tuner that could be attached directly to a wind or string instrument. This best-selling model has been popular with musicians of wide-ranging genres for its superb functionality and convenience. The new AW-2G Chromatic Tuner enhances this basic concept by adding the flexibility of an adjustable angle for the display section, enhanced visibility from the built-in backlight, and improved fit to your instrument, allowing the performer to tune in a natural position. The new AW-2G's clip is optimised for a guitar making stress-free tuning possible in any situation.
The tuner display section and the clip section are connected by a double ball joint that provides a broader range of left/right/up/down movement, dramatically increasing the range of adjustment. Even in cases where it was difficult to view the AW-1, the AW-2G makes it easy to adjust the display section for easy viewing, allowing you to tune in a natural position.
The display can be attached and angled on either side of the headstock
BACKLIGHT EXCELLENT VISIBILITY
The amount of light available to a performer varies greatly. Dim locations such as a stage or orchestra pit, glaring outdoor sunlight, evening dusk, or night-time illumination are often far from ideal. The AW-2G's backlit meter provides three illumination modes: Off for brightly-lit locations, Soft mode for somewhat dim locations where you want to conserve battery power, and Auto for bright illumination in locations of poor visibility. This ensures that you'll be able to tune perfectly under any conditions. In addition, Auto mode automatically switches to the lower brightness of the Soft mode when there has been no sound input or button operation for approximately ten seconds, preventing unnecessary battery consumption. Attention has been paid to numerous details to ensure ideal tuning, such as a large display font and a meter that clearly indicates the pitch discrepancy.
DEDICATED GUITAR CLIP
The AW-2G comes with a dedicated guitar clip, designed for instruments that have a flat surface such as the headstock of a guitar. The inside of one side of the clip has a pad whose angle is adjustable, ensuring a stable fit even on guitars with headstocks of varying thicknesses. The display section can be attached to either side of the clip as desired; if you attach the tuner so that the display section is behind your guitar's headstock, it won't be visible from the audience, and you'll be able to tune unobtrusively with a clean-looking stage setup.
BROAD TUNING RANGE HIGH PRECISION
In spite of their light weight and ultra-small size, the AW-2G boast a broad tuning range of A0--C8 and a full complement of solid tuning functionality. A vibration-sensing piezo pickup is built in, ensuring stable tuning even in a noisy environment. You can also tune using the internal mic. In addition, when using the AW-2G in a vertical position, you can use Korg's proprietary Meter Reverse function to switch the meter so that its High (+) indication is upward. The tuner is powered by a widely available CR2032 type lithium battery, and with the backlight off, the battery life is an amazing 150 hours. Numerous other functions are provided, including adjustable calibration to support various concert pitches, auto power off, and memory backup.
MARKINGS INDICATE PURE MAJOR 3rd & MINOR 3rd
Inaccuracies of the harmonies in a triad can be particularly easy to notice. By slightly adjusting the pitch of a major or minor third relative to the equal-tempered interval, a beautiful-sounding pure third can be obtained. The meter scale of the AW-2G includes markings to indicate pure major and minor thirds relative to a specified pitch. Simply by tuning your instrument to these markings, you can perform beautiful, pure harmonies when playing in a group or band of other musicians.
* The choice of note to adjust when tuning to a pure major or minor third will depend on the music you're performing.